We ensure more security in the connected world! For this purpose, achelos is looking for talented and creative minds for its headquarters in Paderborn. With your knowledge, we work together on innovative solutions in the field of cybersecurity. Sounds exciting? Then start a successful future with a leading provider.
Applications are invited from both candidates with prior work experience as well as from motivated graduates with relevant technical knowledge.
Security Engineer (f|m|d)
Your future role:
As a Security Engineer (f/m/d) you will support our customers in the analysis, development and documentation of security requirements for highly secure products, such as smart cards, secure elements or HSMs. These are used, for example, in the telematics infrastructure of the German healthcare system, in automobiles, in official identity documents or on mobile phones to protect highly sensitive data.
- Coordinate the communication with IT testing laboratories and certification bodies and advise our customers on certification issues and project planning for security evaluations. Additionally, you have to formulate security goals and define security requirements for the design as well as for the implementation of products.
- Analyse the impact of security requirements and design the security architecture for embedded systems. You would work closely with product architects, focusing on the impact of countermeasures on functional and performance requirements.
- Analyse security characteristics of applications and operating systems on e.g. control units, mobile phones, etc. and advise customers on strengthening their systems against attacks.
- Analyse security properties of network-based systems, e.g. the configuration of network security protocols such as TLS or IKE, and advise customers on strengthening their systems against network penetration attacks.
- Support clients in integrating security aspects into their development, testing, deployment, operations and maintenance processes in a secure development lifecycle, in line with relevant cybersecurity engineering standards such as ISO15408, ISO27001, ISO21434 or ISO62443.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, mathematics or an equivalent qualification
- Interest and/or experience in security evaluation and certification of IT products (according to Common Criteria, FIPS or other security certification standards)
- Interest and/or experience in information security management and IT network security
- Experience in software development with at least one common programming language (Java, C, C++, Python or similar)
- Excellent oral and written command of both German and English (business fluency standard)
- Good teamwork and analytical skills, as well as a thorough work method
- Willingness to travel
The following are considered beneficial:
- Experience of security analyses, as well as hardening of high-security embedded systems such as smartcards, secure elements, hardware security modules or hardened micro-kernel architectures and real-time operating systems
- General knowledge of cryptographic primitives and protocols
- Practical experience in software development; ideally in hardware-related software development on embedded systems or on mobile phones
- Basic knowledge of network communication, as well as the protocols used (for example TLS, IKE)
- Experience of using DevOps tools (for example Git, GitLab, Jenkins)
- Experience of using bug tracking systems (e.g. Jira)
What we offer:
- A full-time, permanent position
- 30 days holiday plus company closing days
- Exciting and complex assignments in a modern, dynamic and growing company with a lot of creative freedom
- Open and fair work atmosphere
- Flat organizational structure based on collegial leadership
- Flexible working hours with the option of mobile working
- Fair pay
- Further vocational training
- Company bike leasing
- Company events
Join us and become part of our agile and growing team. Simply send us your application, salary expectations and earliest starting date!
Tel.: +49 5251 14212-0
achelos GmbH is a manufacturer-independent software development and consulting company based in Paderborn. Founded in 2008, the technology expert develops and operates highly specialised products, solutions and services that meet international security standards. In addition to general security-related topics, achelos concentrates worldwide on industry solutions in the segments like Health, Industry, Public and Connect. Its customers and partners include government institutions, private companies and organisations. The company offers an extensive portfolio and expertise in the areas of testing tools, Testing as a Service (TaaS) and certification. achelos is ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified. achelos Hungary Kft. has been operational since June 2022 as an additional development site in Budapest.