For our continuously growing team at our head office in Paderborn, we are looking for innovative minds like you.
Applications are invited from both candidates with prior work experience as well as from motivated graduates with relevant technical knowledge.
Security Engineer (f|m|d)
Your future role:
As Security Engineer, you will support our customers in analysing, developing and documenting security requirements for high-security products, such as smartcards, Secure Elements or HSMs, including those used to protect highly sensitive data in the telematics infrastructure employed in the German healthcare system, in motor vehicles, in official ID documents or mobile telephones.
- With a focus on security requirements engineering, you will formulate security objectives and define security requirements for both the design and implementation of products. In addition to this, you will coordinate communication with IT testing laboratories and certification bodies, as well as advising our customers on certification issues and planning security evaluation projects.
- With a focus on security architecture engineering, you will analyse the effects of security requirements and design the security architecture for embedded systems. You will collaborate closely with product architects, while always keeping an eye on the effects of counter measures on functional and performance requirements.
- With a focus on software security engineering, you will analyse security characteristics of applications and secured operating system kernels on exposed terminals, such as mobile phones, control units etc. You will also advise customers on how to boost their security and harden their systems against software-based attacks.
- With a focus on network security engineering, you will analyse security features of network-based security systems, such as the security configuration of network security protocols like TLS or IKE. You will also advise customers on how to harden their security systems against network penetration attacks.
- With a focus on cyber security engineering, you will support customers in integrating security aspects into their development, testing, provision, operation and maintenance processes in a secure development cycle in line with the relevant cyber security engineering standards, such as ISO15408, ISO27001, ISO2143 or ISO62443.
- You will work in agile project teams, both locally in Paderborn and on customers' premises.
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, mathematics or an equivalent qualification
- You are interested in and/or have experience of security evaluation and certification of IT products (based on Common Criteria, FIPS or other security certification standards)
- You have initial experience in the field of information security management and IT network security
- You have practical software development experience with standard programming languages (Java, C, C++, Python or similar), preferably also in hardware-related software development in embedded systems or on mobile telephones
- You have excellent oral and written command of both German and English
- You have good teamwork and analytical skills, as well as a thorough work method
- You are willing to travel
The following are considered plus points:
- Experience of security analyses, as well as hardening of high-security embedded systems such as smartcards, secure elements, hardware security modules or hardened micro-kernel architectures and real-time operating systems
- General knowledge of cryptographic primitives and protocols
- Basic knowledge of network communication, as well as the protocols used (for example TLS, IKE)
- Experience of using DevOps tools (for example Git, GitLab, Jenkins)
- Experience of using bug tracking systems (for example Jira)
What we offer:
- A permanent full-time position and 30 days of holiday
- Exciting and complex assignments in a modern, dynamic and growing company with a lot of creative freedom
- Open and fair work atmosphere
- Flat organizational structure based on collegial leadership
- Flexible working hours with the option of mobile working
- Fair pay
- Work location is Paderborn and possibly at client's site if necessary
Are you interested?
Then join us and become part of the achelos team. Send us your application, including your salary expectations and possible start date.